Scope of Position: Responsible for collecting and managing client accounts and preparing final resolution of receivable accounts related to clients and various insurance vendors.
Follow up on claims from billing through final resolution.
- Identify and resolve any claims delay issues that impact billing and collections to conclusion.
- Resolve insurance denials through communication with various insurance companies on erroneous denials, making claim corrections as needed.
- Communicate with Revenue Cycle director on potential foreseen problems that would impact expect incoming revenue.
- Collect on delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with clients or notify clinic office staff of outstanding balance on current client for collection at next appointment.
- Assist the Revenue Cycle Director sending out monthly statements as needed.
- Submit and track charges for share-of-cost clients.
- Make the necessary corrections/refund on claims after internal chart reviews or external audits as needed.
- Prepare, review and send client statements regarding co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance if not collected at the time of appointment. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts to Client Accounts Manager.
- Prepare insurance and client refund requests.
- Keep abreast of changes and updates on reimbursement amounts for the various insurances and review with Revenue Cycle Director.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable at an average of less than 60 days.
- Retro Third-Part Liability (TPL) billing as need on clients if coverage changes.
- Mail any required paper claims to the various insurances.
- Follow up on claims adjudications as necessary.
- Support to members of the team when questions arise.
- Helping with billing and credentialing when needed.
This list of specific functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Florida Therapy Services, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
High school diploma or GED required. Vocational certificate in Medical Billing or Medical Collections preferred. At least one year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified preferred.
- Must check FTS e-mail daily.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Use a computer with access to basic applications including but not limited to, Word and Excel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with insurance vendors in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of medical billing and collection procedures.
- Ability to gather and interpret information.
- Ability to enter information accurately and correct errors.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
Job Type: Full-time