SCOPE OF POSITION:
Provide comprehensive case management for adults, children or adolescents and their families, to improve quality of life and maintain the highest possible ability to function within the community. Link client/parents/guardians to mental health treatment services utilizing a holistic approach with individuals, groups, siblings or families. Involves a broad range of training and development activities and quality documentation of services provided.
- Provide assessments (bio-psychosocial), service plan development, linking and coordination of services, reassessment and follow-up, and monitoring of services, and caseload consultation, and other services as required.
- Issue authorizations for services.
- Complete accurate, timely documentation of the highest quality and consistent with agency standards, rules and regulation, and Medicaid. Complete required assessments, service plans and progress notes.
- Communicate with identified community partners including but not limited to ADM, DCF, DJJ, CMS, etc. and attend case closure or conference staffings.
- Assess patients, evaluate effectiveness of treatment plan and progress made by client, participate in patient treatment planning and case review with patient care providers.
- Document all client encounters and contacts made on behalf of clients.
- Identify and provide emergency crisis services as necessary; make immediate assessments and respond accordingly to accepted crisis intervention methods and techniques; coordinate other services as appropriate.
- Act as a client advocate in order to coordinate required services
- Prepare appropriate documentation to bill services by established scheduled due dates submitted by Florida Therapy Services, Inc.; maintain and generate necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Review client charts to ensure quality assurance and compliance with state and federal standards and regulations.
- Participate in agency training as required.
- Attend all scheduled case management meetings.
- Participate in continuous FTS quality improvement activities.
This list of specific functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Florida Therapy Services, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a major in counseling, social work, psychology, criminal justice, nursing, rehabilitation, special education, health education, or related human services field and have a minimum of one year of full time or equivalent experience work with persons with serious emotional disturbances or;
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college and three years full time or equivalent experience working with persons with serious emotional disturbances.
- Required to be registered with the Florida Certification Board and have either a CBHCM Certification (Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager Certification) or a CBHCM P Certification (Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager Certification – Provisional).
- Knowledgeable of available resources in the service area for persons with serious emotional disturbances; and comply with federal and state statutes, rules, directives and policies that affect the target population.
- Complete Medicare Fraud and Abuse training upon hire, and annually thereafter.
- Complete two hours each of Domestic Violence, HIV/AIDS Awareness, Aggression Control/Conflict Resolution, and CPR training within the first six months of contract date and every two years thereafter.
- Complete Quality Assurance trainings within the first six months of contract date, and renew as needed.
- Complete annual TCM trainings to satisfy AHCA training requirements set forth in the CTCM Handbook.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and required automobile insurance.
- Must have active cell phone at all times.
- Must check FTS e-mail at least once daily.
- Must meet standards of Level I and Level II criminal background screening in accordance with FL Statutes (F.S.) 435.04 and (F.S.) 408.809.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of cultural diversity and sensitivity in target population.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to gather and interpret information.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies and other stresses.
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patient rights.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to use a computer with access to basic applications including but not limited to, Word and Excel.
Now Hiring Targeted Case Managers in our Panama City, Pensacola, Tallahassee, and Marianna locations!
Job Type: Full-time or Independent Contractor