Scope of Position: Perform routine clerical and administrative functions for the office. Assist the Office Manager and Program Director with administrative duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take and deliver messages promptly.
- Greet and direct incoming visitors and patients, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Assist Office Manager with referrals and maintain proper documentation of referrals.
- Verify client insurance eligibility daily for collection of coinsurance and co-pays.
- Assist Office Manager in scheduling appointments and making appointment reminder calls.
- Collect encounter information from patients for psychiatric and therapy appointments.
- Ensure patient demographic information is being updated at each appointment.
- Assist Office Manager in researching, compiling, and preparing reports, correspondence, and other information required by management or governmental agencies.
- Combine, copy, sort and file documents according to defined procedures.
- Assist Office Manager in verifying and scanning billing on a regular basis to the Corporate Billing Department
- Assist Office Manager in the preparation of the daily appointment schedule, including preparing charts and paperwork for the upcoming days’ appointments.
- Assist Office Manager in documenting and maintaining statistical data for psychiatric clinic.
- Assist in the resolution of patient complaints or issues, and answer patient’s questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Copy, scan, fax and perform other clerical duties.
- Maintain neat and clean reception area at all times.
- Assist Office Manager and/or Program Director in other clerical duties or projects as requested.
- Fill in for Office Manager as needed for vacations, leave, etc.
- Participate in agency training as required.
- Follow all safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Attend all scheduled supervision meetings with supervisor when necessary.
- Participate in continuous FTS quality improvement activities.
- Assist in additional duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills
Associate’s degree with at least one year of clerical/office experience. Previous medical office experience preferred. Will accept high school diploma or GED equivalent with three years experience in lieu of degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Ability to be an effective team player in office setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to use a computer with access to basic applications including but not limited to, Word and Excel.
- Ability to file documents according to alphabetic sequences.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret information.
Job Type: Full-time