Scope of Position:
The Licensed Therapist will assess clients for Substance Use Disorders, diagnosis, and provide individual, family, and group therapy according to the client’s needs. Therapist will evaluate, coordinate and ensure necessary services are provided, assist and counsel individuals by using such activities as delineating alternatives, helping to articulate goals and providing needed information, service and treatment, helping clients develop relapse prevention strategies, and provide individual, group, and family therapy.
· Provide counseling, therapy and/or psychotherapy to clients and families as appropriate to the position; prepare treatment plans, discharge plans, after-care plans, and follow-up care programs. Ensure clients are treated at an appropriate level of care.
· Collect data about patients through interview, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluate data to identify cause of problems and determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
· Identify and provide emergency crisis services as necessary; make immediate clinical assessments and respond accordingly to accepted crisis intervention methods and techniques; coordinate other services as appropriate.
· Provide and/or arrange for therapeutic interventions as appropriate for patients or clients in a crisis condition and for those with serious disturbance problems.
· Follow up to determine reliability and validity of treatment used; make recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
· Act as a client advocate in order to coordinate required services
· Prepare appropriate documentation to bill services by established scheduled due dates submitted by Florida Therapy Services, Inc.; maintain and generate necessary documentation in a timely manner.
· Review client charts to ensure quality assurance and compliance with state and federal standards and regulations.
· Participate in agency training as required.
· Attend all scheduled supervision meetings with Program Manager/Director.
· Participate in continuous FTS quality improvement activities.
This list of specific functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Florida Therapy Services, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
· Professional Florida license in Mental Health, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Psychology in good standing.
· Minimum of two years post-licensure professional experience in providing services to persons with substance use disorders, including providing individual, family, and group therapy.
· Certified Addiction Professional (CAP) if not Licensed.
Job Type: Contract