Posted 2 years ago
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Licensed Therapist will assess client and family needs and evaluate, coordinate and ensure necessary services are provided; provide community based or in-home services to clients; assist and counsel individuals by using such activities as delineating alternatives, helping to articulate goals and providing needed information, service and treatment, provides individual and family therapy.
- Provide counseling, therapy and/or psychotherapy to clients and families as appropriate to the position; prepare treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs.
- Collect data about patients through interview, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques; evaluate data to identify cause of problems and determine proper therapeutic approach or referral to other specialists.
- Identify and provide emergency crisis services as necessary; make immediate clinical assessments and respond accordingly to accepted crisis intervention methods and techniques; coordinate other services as appropriate.
- Provide and/or arrange for therapeutic interventions as appropriate for patients or clients in a crisis condition and for those with serious disturbance problems.
- Follow up to determine reliability and validity of treatment used; make recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
- Act as a client advocate in order to coordinate required services
- Prepare appropriate documentation to bill services by established scheduled due dates submitted by Florida Therapy Services, Inc.; maintain and generate necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Review client charts to ensure quality assurance and compliance with state and federal standards and regulations.
- Participate in agency training as required.
- Attend all scheduled supervision meetings with Program Director.
- Participate in continuous FTS quality improvement activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply mental health counseling methods and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical counseling principles, programs and methodology.
- Comprehensive therapy skills with children and families, abuse, neglect and substance abuse.
- Ability to effectively interact with children and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures and standards.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and make individual modifications.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies and other stresses.
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patient rights.
- Ability to gather and interpret information.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to use a computer with access to basic applications including but not limited to, Word and Excel.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related Human Services field. Minimum of one year related experience providing therapy to at risk children and families. Professional Florida license in Mental Health, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Psychology in good standing.
- Must hold active license.
- Complete CFARS and FARS training upon hire.
- Complete two hours each of HIV/AIDS Awareness, Aggression Control/Conflict Resolution, and CPR training within the first six months of contract date and every two years thereafter.
- Maintain Continuing Education Units (CEUs) as required by state licensing boards.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and required automobile insurance.
- Must have active cell phone at all times.
- Must check FTS e-mail at least once daily.
- Must meet standards of Level I and Level II criminal background screening in accordance with FL Statutes (F.S.) 435.04 and (F.S.) 408.809.
NOW HIRING LICENSED THERAPISTS in our PANAMA CITY; TALLAHASSEE; and PENSACOLA locations!
FULL-TIME AND CONTRACT POSITIONS AVAILABLE!