Department: Referrals Department, Panama City Corporate Office
Reports To: Referrals Department Supervisor
Classification: Employee, Non-Exempt
Scope of Position: Processing all incoming calls received seeking services from all referral sources, not limited to the client themselves. Fulfills client needs, resolves issues and ensures client satisfaction.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- Appointments, scheduling and registration.
- Identifies specific patient needs to determine appropriate appointment type, location and urgency.
- Obtains necessary demographic and insurance information and enters data into the EHR system.
- Verifies insurance coverage and other related data with third party carriers or Medicaid for scheduled appointments.
- Determines if patient requires language interpretation, facilitates scheduling of services.
- Communicates clear instructions and education related to scheduled services, location and time.
- Provide patients with all required information regarding appointments and payment policies (e.g. medical records, parking, cash policies, anticipated charges, cancellation policy).
- Make reminder calls two days prior to appointments. When appropriate, re-verify insurance eligibility, upload results to client chart.
- Maintain the appointment list documenting results of appointments to provide the results to Supervisor (No Show, Opened, Rescheduled or Cancelled).
- Several time during the day log-In to referral telephone line, listening to referral telephone messages and response to the calls on a timely manner in coordination with other coworkers.
- Check ALL E-mails for referral messages from clinics and respond in a timely manner.
- Update referral sources on status of referrals by mail, telephone or email when required.
- Assist Supervisor with weekly Referral count report by tallying the number of unworked referrals for each clinic location as needed.
- Send No Show letters and No Contact referral letters when appropriate.
- Maintain waiting lists as needed.
- Maintain provider availability schedule matrix for each clinic location.
- Utilize the EHR system’s tracking tool.
- Enter therapist’s active client therapy appointments when notified to avoid double booking of intake appointments.
- Attend all scheduled meetings with supervisor when necessary and assist in additional duties as needed.
- Participate in continuous FTS quality improvement activities and agency training as required.
- At least one year of clerical/office experience. Previous medical office experience with a background of insurance knowledge and 3 years of experience preferred. High school diploma or GED equivalent is acceptable as educational requirement.
- Must maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with clients and others in a friendly and professional manner.
- Must check FTS E-mail throughout the day and respond promptly.
- Must meet standards of Level I and Level II criminal background screening in accordance with FL Statutes (F.S.) 435.04 and (F.S) 408.809.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information in the EHR system.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to be an effective team player in office setting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent telephone and E-mail etiquette.
- Ability to use a computer with access to basic applications including but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills when talking on the phone.
- Ability to gather and interpret information.