Scope of Position: Provides direct patient care to clients with behavioral or emotional disorders under supervision of a licensed clinical professional and established protocols of Florida Therapy Services. Perform basic patient education and data gathering activities
- Work as part of a health care team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
- Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other health care team members as necessary.
- Perform nursing assessments on all psychiatric and medication management appointments.
- Obtain and record patients’ weight, blood pressure, medical history and assess reason for patient visits.
- Record and report observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patient’s condition.
- Administer medication injections as needed.
- Answer incoming calls from patients regarding medication questions and concerns.
- Maintain and stock inventory of clinical supplies as appropriate to the nursing position.
- Evaluate and maintain documentation in patient’s chart.
- Monitor patient’s medication and medication compliance.
- Assist office staff with preparation of charts and paperwork for psychiatric appointments.
- Assist doctor(s) with treatments, special tests and procedures.
- Review patient charts, assist patients with checking in at front desk.
- Educate clients regarding their medication regimen, medication side effects and other health-related issues.
- Verify all physicians’ orders.
- Protect client files by ensuring charts are returned to Medical Records Clerk when being used outside of the chart room.
- Prepare recommendations for scheduled case reviews related to continued treatment; termination or client referral.
- Prepare discharge summaries.
- Perform utilization and referral as needed.
- Copy, scan, fax and perform other clerical duties as needed to perform job.
- Assist office staff occasionally in answering incoming telephone calls, take and deliver messages promptly when needed.
- Follow all safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Participate in agency training as required.
- Attend all scheduled supervision meetings with supervisor when necessary.
- Participate in continuous Florida Therapy Services’ quality improvement activities.
- On call to assist with coverage for Answering Service
This list of specific functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Florida Therapy Services, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
• Current vocational/technical training in Nursing.
Must be registered in good standing with FL Department of Health as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
• Current CPR certification
• Ability to be an effective team player in office setting.
• Must meet standards of Level I and Level II criminal background screening
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of appropriate procedures and standards for patient care.
- Excellent stress and time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with patients in a friendly and compassionate manner.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to gather and interpret information.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to use a computer with access to basic applications including but not limited to, Word and Excel.
Job Type: Full-time